I finally got the Twin-Lens Reflex (TLR) Camera my Uncle Tony gave me like a year ago up and running. Just needed some screws tightened, some spendy film, a trip to the camera store and some lovin.
The next time I buy film I will be purchasing it at the Lomo Shop.. prices are better for 120 film and its no less than fucking RAD. Click Lomo Shop just to see that Im not lying.
Now I am working on finding film for my vintage 1960s Polaroid 210 Land Camera my friend Jake gave me out of his mom's room after she passed away. Its got sentimental value to say none the less. Karen was a great lady. I wish I had some of the photos she had to have taken when she was younger.
If I cant find Polaroid type 107 (3000 speed bw) or 108 (75 speed color) peel apart pack film
I dont know what I am going to do. Besides hack into the body and cut and roll film into some sort of makeshift pack.
I really want that peel apart film because I saw on a movie once that you can take the picture, Pull it apart, one peice is your picture, and then then other (negative) you can take and stick to something like paper, or newspaper, or old wallpaper and pull it off, and it leaves the negative behind. Super cool is my book!
I dropped some red-scale film off at Kens a month ago. Just had the money to pick it up.
The Lomography fish eye was the best $40 investment ever. This is Why:
Aside from actually taking time to take some photos and spending A LOT of time with Lowrie I havent been up to much besides working. LR is getting ready to leave for Portland for a few weeks so I might jet down to see him for a couple days.. and take some Rose City pics, and go to the strip clubs where you can actually drink and smoke. (wtf Washington?!) $5.00 sodas at a strip club, and you always have to be drinking a soda (I dont even like soda pop)? Kiss my ass, please and thanks..
I've been listening to a lot of Records Lately.
So far my new Tori Amos Vinyl is Still my favorite by far. Its a million times better then the cd in my car.
--------------------------
Currently Spinning:
Matson Jones {Into my Arms}
Muse {Screenager} Live
WildBirds & PeaceDrums {The Battle in Water}
Waldeck {Floater}
i could have sworn i commented this already. :S
ReplyDeletebut lomo cameras are amazing I have a lomography supersampler and love it. Your photography never fails to impress me.